Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wuuuaaaallllll-eeeeeee

Poster Art by Eric Tan

Not sure if you heard but a new Pixar film about robot love came out this weekend. I wont give anything away but I must say that I loved this movie very much. Maybe it was a sensitive day, but I must admit that I got a little choked up at parts. Dont judge me blogspot, Cheryl teared up 3 different times! Ha! But really, part of it was getting caught up in Wall-E's story, and the other was taking in how much unique, beautiful, sincere, honest work this animation medium is capable of.
Andrew Stanton makes you really care for this character, and after watching the movie I felt like we became really good friends and I, I miss him! Thats right world! I genuinely miss, and am concerned about the well being of a trash- cubing, pibsqueak robot. If there would be anything I would want audiences to take away from my work, it would be to for them to really care about my characters. Its the reason why Kiwi! is one of my favorite short films of all time, student or pro.

Wall-E and Finding Nemo are the Pixar films that tug right at the heart strings to me. Remember that lump you got in throat when Marlin found that he had one egg left? Daaamn, thats some pretty powerful stuff man.

You've probably read most of the pre-release interviews Stanton has been doing, but I came across a particulary good one with Andrew here. Interesting stuff like the "power of using your personal experiences to fuel certain moments in movies" , and the perceived political & ecological messages in the film.

9 comments:

Andy Conroy said...

Yes sir I enjoyed this film a whole lot! I don't think I have ever been so wrapped up in one character on screen all by himself for so long. I mean Tom Hanks was great in Cast-Away but i think my love for the medium pushes him out and Wall-E in. Incredible. I really do miss him.

10ske said...

Indeed a great movie! best silent movie ever. but you still knew how he felt. Cat couldn't stop crying and even I got teary eyed at certain parts.

flaviano said...

it's just me or the silouette looks like a subliminal ray ban aviator commercial?

Andre Barnwell said...

Nice Reel and thanks for posting up that uplifting WHERE THE HELL IS MATT.

Javi Recio said...

I really want to see that movie. Bobby, amazing "quick n dirty" sketches, man!!!!

kaunchen said...

I enjoyed the Wall-E too. Lots of cute moments and great character development.
hee..but I wanna see Kung fu Panda again..haaa...haaa
Penda’s father is way too funny :)
This is a great yr with lots great movies!

Unknown said...

Indeed a great movie....




regards
aegan stills, songs

oakleyses said...

p90x workout, longchamp, birkin bag, chi flat iron, instyler ionic styler, ugg, reebok shoes, uggs on sale, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, lululemon outlet, ugg boots, vans outlet, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, hollister, nike roshe, asics shoes, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, mac cosmetics, nike huarache, babyliss, canada goose outlet, beats headphones, replica watches, north face jackets, ugg boots clearance, ghd, insanity workout, bottega veneta, marc jacobs outlet, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, celine handbags, uggs outlet, ugg outlet, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, new balance outlet, ugg outlet, north face jackets, mont blanc pens, ugg soldes

oakleyses said...

swarovski uk, thomas sabo uk, louboutin, supra shoes, baseball bats, air max, hollister canada, pandora jewelry, moncler, timberland shoes, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, moncler, oakley, juicy couture outlet, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, ray ban, canada goose pas cher, links of london uk, parajumpers outlet, pandora charms, montre femme, gucci, ralph lauren, hollister, vans, swarovski jewelry, moncler outlet, hollister clothing, uggs canada, converse, moncler, converse shoes, toms outlet, moncler, karen millen, moncler outlet, replica watches, canada goose, pandora uk, moncler, wedding dress, lancel, iphone 6 case, ugg, nike air max, canada goose